Thursday, January 7, 2016

Just under 250...

It really does seem like yesterday I had 350 days left to train.  That number is down by over 100 - just 247 more training days until the Wisconsin Ironman 2016.

The question is, how are things going?  The answer, it seems, is always the same - Well, mostly good, but there are some issues.

I managed to keep to the schedule fairly well throughout the holidays.  Sure, I missed more workouts than I wanted to, but when I look back, I was consistent.  I can't really complain about that.  The big, fat, scary goal kept me working out.  There were days I had to miss, but I was otherwise engaged.

Now that the holidays are over, I am back to the schedule.  This is the 'mostly good'.   I am training consistently and completing my plan.

Now for the 'some issues'.  My plan called for an 1:20 run last week.  This is the longest run by 20 minutes to-date.  It was COLD.  It was icy.  I felt as good as can be expected while running.  I woke up the next morning, however, with a lot of pain in my left knee and some sort of strain on the inside of my left ankle/foot arch.  I iced and took ibuprofen.  Those helped a lot.  I still have some soreness, but it has subsided quite a bit without having to stop, change or modify my workout schedule.  However, it leads to a disturbing question - exactly how will that knee hold up when I need to run for 2 hours? Or 3?

So that's the current status.  Still motivated.  Still working toward the goal.  Still worried about my body's ability to handle the stress of the training.



No comments:

Post a Comment