Monday, October 26, 2015

320 to go.

Wow.  I just checked the remaining days for this post.  320 left.  I honestly don't know where the last 25 days have gone.

Here's my status update:  I've yet to miss a workout (although 1 swim came in 6 minutes short).

Up until last Thursday, no major issues.  I had a couple of aches and pains but ice, stretching an an occasional dose of Ibuprofen did the trick.  Last Thursday, however, the swelling on the top of my right foot returned and hurt.  I had to start back on the cream from the Podiatrist.  I was mortified.

I didn't miss a workout.  In fact, I ran 5 miles on Saturday - that foot cream is amazing.  My neighbor - you know, the one who actually finished the 2015 version - he ran with me.  I told him about my foot.  I told him it was the first time since I signed up that I was actually somewhat discouraged.

He told me about a couple of really dark moments he had while training last year.

I'm not sure why, but just hearing that he had troubles somehow lifted the entire weight of the injury.  I know its gonna suck. I know there will be more.  I know I will have my dark moments. Here's the thing I also know:

I will keep training.  I will race my race. I will finish.




No comments:

Post a Comment