Thursday, October 1, 2015

345 days to go.

345 days to go.  It just doesn't seem like enough time when I say it that way.  I'm off to a good start, though.  At least, I think I am.

This brings me to the fundamental question I keep asking myself - how, exactly, do I know I'm on the right track to be able to do this?  I've looked up training programs, looked into a training team, and read a lot about it.  Everything suggests I'm 'on the right track'.  But how do I know?  At this point the shock of my commitment has worn off and the excitement of the journey has kicked in.  Still, I just can't shake that one question.

The last week and a half have been busy.  I've set a goal of working out 6 days a week and have thus far achieved that goal.  I've started running, and its going well.  I got my gym membership.  I bought my swim cap.  I've decided on a team that I am going to join - it officially starts Jan 1 (Happy new year?).  I've adjusted my diet and am already losing the 20+ lbs I will need to lose.  Things are looking and feeling good.

I'm off to a good start.  At least, I think I am...


No comments:

Post a Comment